My last glaze firing finally worked! I got to Cone 10 and 1280! Seems a miracle after the last few firings!
Perhaps one of the key things was my new pyrometer that my daughter, Liz, sent to me from the USA (along with some other much appreciated goodies!) – SO much cheaper!
I am spraying glazes and as a result of the redo of the barn, Ronnie has rebuilt my spray booth!
As part of the moving process, alot of reorganization had to happen. It is a good thing!
Here are a couple of photos of what we did:
If you are spraying glazes, you should definitely give that post a read! He is awesome!
I’ve moved my glazes to liter bottles that can easily be shaken for mixing!
I also found some cool velcro labels that I can attach to each sprayer, identifying the glaze in each! So helpful!
All in all, it is getting easier. The turntable in my spray booth is the one that we built earlier. Read about it in this blog post: Click here!
I’m gaining confidence and I’m seeing some good results!
Here is a slide show of the latest firing results (they are quick and dirty photos-hopefully, someday I’ll do some nicer ones!):
Keep the faith!